Who Was the Mom Of God the Father?
Some weeks ago, Mary Carmen M. wrote in with a question from her daughter:
Who was the mom of God the Father?
We laughed a lot together and I tried to send her an answer adapted to her daughter’s age.
Some days later, Elisha sent me this question:
Who made God the Father?
And finally Bree, a teenager full of wisdom, sent me this question:
Where did God the Father come from? And how was he alive before the time of the world?
As all these questions focused on the origin of God, I decided to answer them together. If you need a short answer, this may serve:
No one made God the Father, Elisha, because God has always existed, so there was no need for him to be created.
It’s not the same for us, or for the world, or the universe; we were made by God, we were created.
However, as different age ranges need different responses, I thought it may be interesting just to offer you some points for you to adapt your answer to your kids’ age.
- God has always existed. We say that God is eternal.
- No one created him.
- So God the Father has no father, and no mother either 🙂
- All things have been created by God.
- The sky, the sun, the moon, the stars…
- The world, the animals, the plants…
- Men and women…
- But these things have also been created by God:
- Feelings: happiness, joy…
- And finally, there have been created by God as well:
- And time
- Everything has been created by God (except our Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit, but I will deal with them in my next message).
And now some Bible quotes to support your teaching:
“The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.” (Deuteronomy 33:27)
“Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.” (Psalm 90:2)
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” (Revelation 22:13)
An extra answer for Bree (advanced level): God exists outside of space and time, because he created space and time. So it makes no sense to ask either where did God come from, in a spatial sense or in a temporal sense, or how was he alive before the time of the world, because he created space and the time of the world.
Hope it helps!